Read my latest posts!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"Lovely Rita" She's Not.

Lovely Rita, MeterMaid. So goes the Beatles song, but alas this Rita isn't something lovely. I've heard of some in south Florida's buildings being surrounded by two feet of water earlier today. The path predicted, if followed, looks like it will be headed for yet another Domed Stadium, this time in Texas. Rita has already increased to a category 2 hurricane and will likely be gaining strength as she heads across the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. I hope folks take heed of the warnings and pull through this better than the north central Gulf coast did.
I haven't been writing much lately, a fact that I don't particularly like, but one which is indeed a fact of life.
I have an interview tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM, at a local office of a large company across the bay. If you would, please wish me luck.
The job will involve quite a bit of scripting, so its something I definitely feel I can handle quite easily. But it is also in a field that I haven't much experience in, that being the mortgage business. I can learn it, and I can learn it well. What remains to be seen is whether or not I will be given the opportunity. Its my understanding that the company has been looking for someone with my skills and experience in the mortgage business. I don't know if there are many folks with those qualifications out there. Sometimes, you have to make what you need, if you can't find exactly what you are looking for. The advantage to making what you need, is that you get something that fits well, and does the job just as it should have.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 at 8:54:00 AM EDT, Blogger Courtland $visitorIP said...

Read this post just in time to wish you good luck.

At Thursday, September 22, 2005 at 2:46:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

didnt get there on time, hope everythung went just fine...
But I pray, that may whatever is the best thing for you happens...
Take Care

At Friday, September 23, 2005 at 11:31:00 AM EDT, Blogger Charles $visitorIP said...

Thank you to both of you.

At Saturday, October 1, 2005 at 2:03:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

"sometimes you have to make what you need.....& does the job just as shud have"

Agreed...
Not wanting to sound pessimistic..., I just wonder if that does not sound like 'expediency', which although may be a good umbrella, wud make a bad roof...

...what I mean to say is...what about point-counter- point...?

Nevertheless...it is also true that one has to have your kind of spirit of optimism.Your never say die attitude is something which makes you so unique & special.Whoever hires you will be one hell of a lucky person...

At Tuesday, October 11, 2005 at 12:58:00 AM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

if the axiom, that silence is more conspicous than words is true, most Probably charles is BUSY...

..so there is a good chance that verdict must be positive

YIPPPPPIEEE!!!!

[ God I hope it is true...please God...]

At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 10:51:00 PM EDT, Blogger Charles $visitorIP said...

OK. I have been a bit busy. I am not dead, despite any rumors I may have started about my brain. The jury is still out, so there is no verdict. I would be hesitent to pass judgement anyway, lest I be judged. I realize that there are many who would pass judgement on me for not passing judgement, but that would be because they are judgemental. Which my saying that would likely place me into the same category, since that is a judgement on my part. So I won't judge them to be judgemental, I'll let the supreme judge do the judging. So there, the verdict is a hung jury. Yippee!

Charles

At Friday, October 14, 2005 at 3:21:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

Yikes!!!..that sounds almost like a viscious cycle!!!
But hey, then, who am I to judge that either? Maybe I tend to be a bit speculative & then conclusive at times; but then there is a certain limit to that too, when I'd rather stop & say,' enough is enough'.Now judging from that too might lead to sounds like a gavel & the supreme judge screaming 'enough enough!'So I guess its best to let the jury hang or swing like a pendelum from left to right & vice versa, while we all enjoy the swing & scream...Yippppeeee!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home