Read my latest posts!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just Shootin' the Breeze

Knowing full well it has been a long time since I last posted and considering all factors, I must apologise for my not having posted recently. I really don't believe that it may have been a year and a half since I last posted (just look at the dates!) I've only been posting a little over that. Of course it feels like it hasn't been that long, I've only seen my prodigal child a few times in the last year, and my life is measured by the quality of such things.

I really love my daughter, she's so much like I should have been. I wish I could have been more like her, instead of the less than calm as I would have liked person I was. I made a promise to myself when I was 12 that I would be a better father than mine was and judging from the person my daughter is, I did succeed in that.

Other things I like to measure the quality of my life in is the quality of my friends. I really do have some good friends, and I enjoy their company whenever I can. Life is too short to not enjoy and to not enrich other's lives. I love my friends. Do not misconstrue my use of the word love, it is strickly used in the way a parent loves his/her child, a dog loves his master, a brother loves a brother kind of way. I think of my friends as family.

Doing what I enjoy is another way to evaluate my life. When I get to do those things I love to do. I love to read. I love to write code to ease everyday tasks. I love to create.

When I think about it my life in terms such as these, I have to reflect that Life is good, its certainly better than my childhood memories, although there were some pleasant ones of those.

This Thanksgiving (an American holiday, if you didn't know,) I think I'll be Thanking God for the increased quality of my life.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Friday, September 8, 2006 at 3:23:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

CHARLES!!!..welcome back!...hey I am so delighted to see you!
Do you know, tonight is the night of thanksgiving in my region a night when we pray for mankind for the whole of nightime...& in between my prayers I have taken a break...& I thank God most profusely for you...
I,m so glad to hear what you have to say about your daughter...You are what one wud call, 'mutually lucky'.
& yes..about friendship..I agree whole heartedly with you...every word of it.And I must add something to that. We start asking from the wrong end like " who is my friend?"...I believe just the contrary, that is asking myself " Am I a real friend to somebody?"The proverb is: a friend in need is a friend indeed. But deep down that is greed!That is not friendship, that is not love. It is where you want to use other as a means, and no man is a means, every man is an end unto himself.
Personally I believe that friendship is the higest form of love..where all lust, all greed disappears..nothing gross remains in friendship..it is absolutely subtle..It is not a question of using the other. It is not even the question of needing the other, it is just a question of sharing..when you have so much to share..& for that you feel grateful to him & u feel obliged{ not that he is supposed to be grateful to u in return or feel obliged in any way...a friend never thinks that way}A friend always feels grateful to those people who allow him to love them. It is not a question of need..it is not a question that if you are in danger, whether the friend will come to your aid.That is irrelevant...he might or might not come...& you have no complaints if he does'nt. If he comes you are grateful..if he does'nt it is perfectly okay.In short..friendship is not of the marketplace...It belongs to an altar...It is a great art...unlike love, which has a natural instinct behind it,and is unconscious friendship has none of that sort.It is something very conscious.You " Fall" in love[ intelligence to instinct] but you "rise" in friendship..because friendship is absolutely Human.From one moment full of the fragnance of friendship, the next moment is born.And it is bound to be of a higher and a deeper quality.
I personally feel that rather than creating friendship, one should creat friendliness...to let it become a quality of your being, a climate that surrounds you...the whole existence is to be befriended..and if you can befriend existence, existence will befriend you a thousandfold; because Life mirrors you, and if you are friendly,all of life will reflect friendliness...why miss such a great kingdom!
So much spoken in a single breath!
& hey..If you read carefully...I didnt mean the years of your blogging experience, I said you have had your share of silent one and a half year, which was one JUST AFTER YOU WERE BORN..ie. when you were a new born infant!

At Friday, September 8, 2006 at 3:38:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

And hey...may I dare to ask...do u have xenophobia?...
If you don't you can 'create'a user id somewhere & connect for a short while...That will hide your'true identity' and let me share a few of my creative writings and my son's photograph [ whom I love as much as you love your daughter] wid you...
PS. dont ask me to put it on that mummified blog...it has served its purpose & is no longer in use...
YOU:So why don't you create another blog?
ME: NO WAY!!

At Sunday, September 17, 2006 at 1:01:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

guess I scared him away...once again...

At Friday, September 22, 2006 at 7:02:00 PM EDT, Blogger Charles $visitorIP said...

Its not about you scaring anybody, Mona. :P

At Saturday, September 23, 2006 at 2:30:00 PM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

yeah..I guess ur right charles...no one can scare us as much as we do ourselves...& that is the fear factor that is most scary..because that is what I feel just the opposite of Love.ppl say that hate is the opposite of love...I dont think so...hate is just love standing upside down...it is fear which is the opposite of love...
see..in love one expands..in fear we shrink...in love we open whereas in fear we become closed...Of course charles..we have no idea what others have been and are going through in their lives...yet I believe that one can open oneself up to humanity...specially if one seems to be crying for help...
the fact I needed to connect to you, was that I needed some frank, unbiased answers from someone who is down to earth, intelligent & non judgemental...someone who I cud respect and trust enough to be true in an objective sense...
anyway...Its perfectly okay...& I am not disappointed either.
The fact remains that I just feel happy everytime I see you around...U have that aura...a sense of wellbeing effect...just like a rare and valuable friend wud have...

Post a Comment

<< Home