Read my latest posts!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

It's Father's Day. I'm here alone in my apartment, missing my only reason for being a father. God, I miss my daughter. I wish I could have forged stronger bonds with her, that I could have conveyed to her how much I love her. I wish I could have been better, as a role model and as a friend.

I wish that things could have been that when I pass on that she would be left with a legacy that would support her, that could be left to further future generations.

It's funny, I don't normally get lonely, but today I'm lonely for my daughter. I pray to God, I pray that he makes up to her for my shortfall, that he will protect her, and bless her in all the ways that I cannot.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:18:00 AM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

You taught her to walk and you taught her to use her assets...That is about all the legacy one requires!

Happy Father's Day Charles!

At Monday, June 22, 2009 at 8:07:00 AM EDT, Blogger snowelf $visitorIP said...

Happy Father's day Charles. Hugs to you.

--snow

At Saturday, June 27, 2009 at 11:27:00 PM EDT, Blogger Spoony Quine $visitorIP said...

Awwww! Just remember; you aren't my dad, who is too crazy for anyone to want to be around.

Does that make you feel better?

If that doesn't help....

At Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 10:42:00 PM EDT, Blogger Rachel $visitorIP said...

I do not know the situation you are in but my dad was not there when I was growing up and I love him regardless. Please read my latest Flash 55. Just because he didn't love me the way I needed to be loved, does not mean he does not love me. Many Blessings. God will handle it!

Post a Comment

<< Home