Read my latest posts!

Friday, June 12, 2009

55 Flash Fiction - Tim & Sal #24

Sal: "Heavenly Father, Holy and blessed is your name.
All as you wish.
Please provide our needs.
Forgive us as we forgive.
Help us to avoid evil.
Everything is yours, always.
Amen."

Tim: "Amen. An abbreviated modern form of the Lord's Prayer..."

Sal: "Yes, something to remind us to be better than what we might."

_____________________
I hope it helps us towards that. I have to offer a prayer, and hope and thankfulness. It seems that we so often forget what we have, we need, what we shouldn't and why, and what we wish. I wish we'd all learn forgiveness, especially myself, that we get that which we require to live, that we treat one another with respect, that we remember that our presence here is only temporary...
I cannot say it all. I also submit the following song from my first year of high school, I hope you enjoy it, it doesn't sound as good as I remember, but I imagine the record could be worn considering the year its from, vinyl records were subject to actual physical wear, unlike optical media.


Here's another, not in English, but in Aramaic...

Quite lovely.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 12, 2009 at 3:14:00 AM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

Prayers will always hold you in good stead... All I would say is Amen.

At Friday, June 12, 2009 at 10:25:00 AM EDT, Blogger snowelf $visitorIP said...

I agree with Mona. :)

--snow

At Friday, June 12, 2009 at 10:29:00 AM EDT, Blogger anthonynorth $visitorIP said...

I think we all pray from time to time, even if we don't call it praying.
Excellent, thoughtful piece.

At Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7:59:00 AM EDT, Blogger Charles $visitorIP said...

Mona,

May all our prayers lead us to nothing less than good.

Snow,

Nice to see you.

Anthony,

You're probably right. Thank you.

Post a Comment

<< Home