Read my latest posts!

Friday, April 29, 2005

More good thoughts from coffee

Mmm. More coffee. I love it. I love having coffee with friends. I love my friends. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I have are the best people in the world. There are parts of them that I wish I were more like. I can count them on one hand, the ones I can consider true friends. They are the ones I can ask, the ones that care about others, not just me, and are willing to help. And I hope they realize they can ask me and get willing help. I don't have much to offer but help, I'm a simple man.

I don't need much in the way of material things, and probably have too much in that respect. I'm somewhat of a packrat, storing away things that I should likely trash, in case I can either fix it down the road or use it to fix something else. I am quite handy with tools, and work on things from a diverse number of fields. I fixed a digital clock yesterday, that had been flashing the display for months. Did I mention I love tools? I'm the kind of guy that will make tools if the tools will make the job faster and easier, be they hand tools, or software tools. I will usually try to make them as general purpose as possible, unless it is some task that is done repeatedly on a frequent basis, in which case I try to simplify the task.

Yesterday's VBScript is a general purpose tool, it can be used to classify group memberships,or can be used to classify actions taken, it might even be used for classifying insurance applicants or any number of other classification purposes. Use your imagination, that's why you got to keep it since childhood. Imagination is my friend, make it yours. If necessity is the mother of invention, then surely imagination is the father. Its those images from our imagination that become the goals that we seek, if we are wise, and want to be happy.

Chas, The Analyzer

BTW. Just because imagination is my friend, doesn't mean that I have imaginary friends. ;D

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 10, 2007 at 2:15:00 AM EDT, Blogger Mona $visitorIP said...

:) I love that last line.

Post a Comment

<< Home